AcademiX Presentations on Open Access Now Online
I am happy to report that the videos from the AcademiX 2010 conference on “Learning in an Open-Access World” are now online. One can get to them via this page on the MacLearning.org site or one can just go into iTunes University in iTunes and search on AcademiX or a particular presenter’s name. While they are embedded in iTunes, they are free to all those who wish to consult them. As discussed here earlier, my presentation is titled: “Innovation and Open Access in Scholarly Journal Publishing.” The other presenters and their titles are:
- John Wilbanks (Creative Commons) Commons-Based Licensing and Scholarship – The Next Layer of the Network
- Ben Hawkridge (Open University) New Channels for Learning – Podcasting Opportunities for a Distance University
- Kurt Squire (University of Wisconsin-Madison) Education for a Mobile Generation
- Nick Shockey (Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition) The Digital Natives are Getting Restless – The Student Voice of the Open Access Movement
- Richard E. Miller (Rutgers University) and Paul Hammond (Rutgers University) This is How We Think – Learning in Public After the Paradigm Shift
I hope that our presentations are useful to the community in their this new form. Thank you to Apple for hosting the gathering and making these materials freely available online.